Friday, January 24, 2014

Report: F20 Release Party Perugia

Last Saturday we held a Fedora 20 release party in Perugia (Italy). This time, I decided to use my own office space to host the party, even if the furniture is not 100% complete (release early!) so I could determine whether I can use it again (release often!) for other parties/courses.

This had pro and cons, but overall I am very happy with the results.

Presentation room
Since I was not really sure who would join me, I had ready a couple slide decks: the generic introduction to the project, and another one about Fedora.Next (based on the Flock slides from +Matthew Miller).

As I mostly expected, the Fedora.Next topic was where I spent most of the time: I received many questions and comments about the plan, and people looked very interested and eager to know more details (which unfortunately I had not, since everything is still in early stages).

However, I will probably redo it next week at the traditional Linux Night dinner the local LUG organizes monthly.

Of course, the party wouldn't be complete without some food and drinks. In fact, I  had a nice surprise for the participants:
looked good, tasted better
And that was REALLY appreciated :)



As usual, I would like to thank the Fedora Project for sponsoring the party, and everyone that joined me to celebrate another great Fedora release.

All the materials used are available in my fedorapeople space

No comments:

Post a Comment