Thursday, October 18, 2012

tracker can eat a lot of disk space

And when I say a lot, I mean it

$ du -hs ~/.cache/
4.3G /home/giallu/.cache/

$ tracker-control -r
Found 303 PIDs…
Found process ID 1416 for 'tracker-store'
Killed process 1416
Found process ID 1418 for 'tracker-miner-fs'
Killed process 1418
Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/giallu/.config/tracker/tracker-control.cfg'
Setting database locations
Checking database directories exist
Checking database version
Checking database files exist
Removing all database/storage files
Removing first index file:'/home/giallu/.cache/tracker/first-index.txt'
Removing last crawl file:'/home/giallu/.cache/tracker/last-crawl.txt'
Removing database:'/home/giallu/.cache/tracker/meta.db'
Removing journal:'/home/giallu/.local/share/tracker/data/tracker-store.journal'
Removing db-version file:'/home/giallu/.cache/tracker/db-version.txt'
Removing db-locale file:'/home/giallu/.cache/tracker/db-locale.txt'

$ du -hs ~/.cache/
591M /home/giallu/.cache/

3 comments:

  1. Hey that is a pretty good tip.

    Cleared out 5G in my Home Directory

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Giallu, I assume you are using Gnome DE. Otherwise, I see Bugzilla 771601 (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=771601) has fixed this nuisance both for KDE and Xfce.
    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm a gnome guy. I think I saw a bug fixed upstream to avoid consuming huge amounts of disk for indexing.

    ReplyDelete